Wow, I can’t believe I haven’t posted an entry in 3 years. This is crazy. I honestly missed it. I’m hoping to get back into the game. I guess I should do a quick update on what has happened in the past 3 years.
- Work: still working at a University as a staff member. I manage their websites and social media networks. I also design their print and digital media. It’s fun but can get boring. The commute is the worst though – at least, one hour each way.
- Life: I’ve been with my significant other for 3 years (that may explain the uncalled hiatus). He’s great and fun. We play a lot of games (most recently it’s been Destiny and Final Fantasy Type-0 HD) and eat a lot of food together.
- School: though I’m not officially a student, I have been taking classes, specifically design classes to improve my skills. I am also taking a Korean language class (significant other is Korean so why not..?).
I have been cooking here and there. Most recently I made a breakfast-style Ramen burger (I didn’t have any patties at the time). It was baked egg with slices of ham, steamed kale, hash brown between Ramen “buns.” Family seemed to like them. Here’s the finished product:
And of course, it wouldn’t be me if I didn’t encounter any fails. Here’s the ultimate fail trying to take the Ramen bun out of the pan. It slipped! :(
Well, that’s my update. I hope to keep this blog alive. (So much has changed with WordPress…)
For about two weeks, I had this small pain my right-hand wrist. Unfortunately, I am right-handed, so it’s pretty crucial. I don’t know how I came to injured it, but apparently I did something to it. My doctor diagnosed it as “Tenosynovitis”:
Tenosynovitis (say “ten-oh-sin-uh-VY-tus”) is inflammation of the sheath that surrounds a tendon (the cord that joins muscle to bone). It can be caused by an injury or by repeating a movement over and over, such as in knitting, lifting objects, or playing video games.
I work an 8-hour job at a computer, sometimes play video games (played Diablo III and Tera for a bit, but that has been months ago, stopped), and am currently taking a calligraphy class (in which you have to hold the pen at a certain angle and whatnot). I assume that those constant activities has put a strain on my wrist. Though the pain in my wrist is not always constant, it hurts to rotate or bend. The doctor gave me a wrist brace/band thing to wear and anti-inflammatory pills.
Because of the injury, I try to limit myself on the computer, which is kind of unfortunate when I wanted to spend more time on my websites.
In other, more happier news, I got a new phone: Samsung Galaxy SIII. :) It’s so thin and light! I love the look and feel. However, I did notice some annoying things about it that I’m trying to get fixed (but maybe have to do a hard reset or even return it).
- Whenever I receive a text message, the screen turns on. There is a notification light, icon on the status bar, and message number indicator. I’m fine with it the other types of notifications, but I find the screen turning on very annoying. I have no idea if my sisters and friends are dealing with the same issue. I searched for solutions, but couldn’t find anything and I didn’t want to download any third-party app. :/
- The battery life drains so quickly. I have no idea why. I barely use it, and if I did, it wouldn’t be more than a few minutes. I even have my emails and social media updates to be manually synced.
- The messaging unread messages number indicator would not go away. I would receive new texts, read them, and go back to the home screen. But, the number would still be there even though there were no unread messages. Luckily, I did find a “solution” in which I just removed the battery, reinserted, and ta-da, it was gone and never stayed again. VERY strange, but at least it’s not there anymore.
So those are the little annoyances that I have so far. Hopefully, I will find a way around them. But other than that, I enjoy the phone very much.